15 Items to have in your vehicle for Winter Driving!
This is Iowa folks.... so be prepared!
There are a few basic items that you should have in your vehicle. If you don't have these things, put them on the shopping list today. Please comment on this blog with any items you can think of that I have forgotten!
Here is Cassill Motor's suggestion of
what you should have in your vehicle for winter:
- 4 way wrench - you should keep this in your vehicle year round
- Anti Freeze - for your windshield washer reservoir
- Ice Melt – or Kitty Litter – put in front and behind tires to help your vehicle get grip
- Jumper Cables - print instruction sheet here
- Small Shovel - in case you have to dig out around the tires
- Ice Scraper with snow brush
- Accident Kit - available at Cassill Auto-Body or at every Car Care Class (FREE)
- Extra Blanket
- Extra Winter Coat
- Some bottles of water
- Small package of trail mix, or any non-perishable snack to sustain you while you wait for help - or to be able to offer to someone in need if you were to stop and help them.
- Flashlight and batteries
- Cassill Motors Bag to keep these items so you can find them when you need them! (Limited quantity available at Cassill Motors south lot - free with vehicle purchase)
And finally, be a thinker!
The ditches are littered with SUVs every winter that thought they could do what they could not.
You don’t have to stay home when it snows. Just leave a little earlier, slow down, and hang up the cell phone. 4x4, AWD, and even Snow Tires don’t insure that you won’t go into the ditch. Pay attention and give the crazy drivers a little extra room.